Pittsburgh Teeth Whitening, Cosmetic Dentures™, Dental Implants, Veneers, Full Mouth Rehab
Edgewood Dental offers a full array of dental services to help you maintain healthy teeth. You can read more on this page about specific services.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Porcelain Veneers
- Endodontic or Root Canal Therapy
- Tooth colored fillings
- Metal Free Crowns
- Bridges and removable partials.
- Teeth Whitening: In office Zoom™ or take home whitening trays
- Same-Day Porcelain Restorations, CEREC technology allows us to capture a 3D image of the prepared tooth and immediately create a tooth colored, porcelain restoration.
- One-visit restorations, including crowns
- No more "temporaries"
- Beautiful, biocompatible porcelain
- Completely mercury free
- Implant Dentistry, today's dental implant technology can replace missing teeth and allow you to smile and chew with confidence!
- Replace missing teeth
- Improve chewing ability
- Eliminate bridges
- Permanently replace dentures
- Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease Treatment.
- Custom Fit Snoring Devices, Night and Sport Guards.
Root Canal Therapy
A diseased inner tooth brings a host of problems. Pain and sensitivity are some of the first indications of a problem, while inside, a spreading infection can cause small pockets of pus to develop, leading to an abscess.
Root canal therapy is a remarkable treatment with a very high rate of success. It involves removing the diseased tissue, halting the spread of infection, and restoring the healthy portion of the tooth.
Common aesthetic dental procedures can be performed to correct misshaped, discolored, chipped or missing teeth. They also can be used to change the overall shape of teeth-from teeth that are too long or short, have gaps, or simply need to be reshaped.
Special thin laminates, called veneers, can often be used to correct discolored, worn down, cracked and chipped teeth. Veneers can also be used to close unsightly gaps between teeth. Stronger types of veneers made of porcelain, also called composite veneers, typically last longer because they are bonded to the tooth.
There are alternative, natural-looking materials to conventional silver-colored fillings – materials made from porcelain and composite resins, which are colored to match natural tooth enamel.
Food particles are naturally attracted to a tooth's enamel by a certain protein. Products like coffee and tea, berries and soy sauce are notorious for staining teeth. Over time, teeth actually become more absorbent and vulnerable to staining from food and other substances.
Professional whitening performed by our office is considered to be the most effective and safest method; done properly, tooth whitening can last as long as five years.
At Edgewood Dental we offer 3 types of whitening:
1. Traditional professional whitening trays. Impressions are taken of your upper and lower teeth and whitening trays are fabricated to your smile in our office- you are fitted in the trays and have the option of whitening twice during the day or overnight for around 3 weeks for maximum results.
2. ZOOM Whitening- instant gratification to the above option- An in office visit- of 3 back to back 15 minute sessions of whitening activated by a light. One day whitening :)
3. KOR WHITENING. We truly can't say enough about the results of this whitening product. It is a 2 step impression that is taken and sent to a lab for fabrication of trays- 2 weeks later when your trays come in- we insert them for you and for 12 consecutive nights- you are whiteing overnight- on the 13th day you are scheduled for 3 back to back 20 minute in office sessions. The results are unbelievable!